The shortlist for this year's Jasmine 'Digital' Award has just been released and I'm excited (make that: 'ecstatically over the moon') to announce that my name appears on it twice. I genuinely cannot believe my good fortune. My thanks go to the Jasmine judges for the tremendous honour, to Basenotes and Grant Osborne for continuing to publish my work and, of course, to all my readers for being such an all-round wonderful bunch. My heartfelt congratulations go out to all the other nominated writers.
Here's the shortlist in full. Click on each article's title to read it.
2013 Jasmine Award - Digital
- Dries Van Noten by Katie Chutzpah for KatieChutzpah.com
- Carven Launches Le Parfum by Katie Chutzpah for KatieChutzpah.com
- Ylang 49 by Persolaise for Persolaise.com
- The Power To Make Your Heart Kinder by Persolaise for Basenotes.net
- Tommy Girl? Davidoff Cool Water? Evocative Scents Of Youth by Joanna McGarry for Never Underdressed
- The Candy Perfume Boy's Guide To Violet by Thomas Dunckley for CandyPerfumeBoy.com
- Let Us Spray by Nicola Moulton for Vogue.co.uk
The award ceremony will take place on 12th March. May the best article win!
UPDATE: 4th February 2014
All the shortlists for this year's Jasmine Awards will be made public by Fragrance Foundation UK tomorrow. But in the meantime, here are the nominees for the other digital category, dubbed 'Best Digital Experience'. The distinction made by the Fragrance Foundation between the two categories is that 'Digital' is concerned with "excellence in writing and originality" whereas 'Best Digital Experience' "is judged on creativity, style and content".
2013 Jasmine Award - Best Digital Experience
- The Pound Shop Fragrance Challenge by Get Lippie for Basenotes.net
- YSL Release The Oriental Collection by Katie Chutzpah for KatieChutzpah.com
- Tom Ford Releases London by Katie Chutzpah for KatieChutzpah.com
- The Scent Matrix by Teo Van Den Broeke for Esquire Weekly
- The Perfect Good Book And Candle Combos by Joanna McGarry for Never Underdressed
- The New Niche in Perfumery? A Return To The Classics by Joanna McGarry for Never Underdressed
- Men’s Fragrances For Women by Annabel Meggeson for Red Online