Wednesday, 10 April 2013

Persolaise Review: Sikkim Girls from Gorilla Perfume (Simon & Mark Constantine; 2012)


The Constantines' love of using heady naturals comes to the fore in this highlight from last year's mixed bag of scents under the collective name Volume 2. A compelling tale of dark, lethal passions raging beneath an inscrutable surface, Sikkim Girls overflows with a concoction of tuberose, frangipani, jasmine, rose and vanilla, darkened by opaque woods and made powdery by orange blossom-like materials. Towards the end, it threatens to unravel, but by and large, it's a convincing attempt to bring Guerlain's Nahema and Tauer's Le Maroc Pour Elle together in one scent. Wear it, and watch the world slip into sensual slow motion, like a scene from In The Mood For Love.

[Review based on a sample provided by Gorilla Perfume in 2012.]

Persolaise.

2 comments:

  1. I have this fragrance and find it completely intoxicating. Personally It's my favourite from the volume 2 collection. I was surprised that I enjoy this as much as I do as me and jasmine don't get on (for example I cant stand Lust), but I get mainly frangipani on my skin. The more I smell Sikkim Girls the more I love it! It has good longevity too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Antqueen, thanks for writing. Yes, it's certainly one of the better ones from this new lot. I love its richness.

      Delete

Thanks very much for reading my site and taking the time to leave a comment.

Please note that whilst the full range of views is welcome on Persolaise.com, comments containing expletives and/or abusive language may not be published.

If you're using Safari on an Apple device, you may experience some difficulties with submitting comments. Please consider using Google's Chrome browser on your Apple device; this may make it easier to leave your comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...