It's always at this point in our epic summer holidays that Madame Persolaise and I wish we could slow down time. There's still so much to do, so much to see, so many moments to savour, so many memories to make... and so many things to blog about, not least our recent day trip to Venice.
If you'll permit me to slip into writing in bullet points:
- Persolaise wanders along labyrinthine streets around Grand Canal;
- Persolaise sees ancient perfumeries that look like no-one's stepped across their treshhold since Madonna frolicked on gondolas for her Like A Virgin video;
- Persolaise sees enticingly old-looking packaging on shelves of aforementioned perfumeries;
- Persolaise asks if he can have closer look at packaging of one of these old bottles, say, Givenchy's Insense, for example;
- Persolaise sees that the list of ingredients specifies only water, alcohol and 'perfume';
- Persolaise realises he is holding something rather special;
- Madame Persolaise tries to stop Persolaise's hand from reaching for his credit card;
- Madame Persolaise hasn't got a chance in hell of succeeding.
- Persolaise and his new/old bottle of Insense live happily ever after.
I hope all's well with you,