Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Poisonous Candles + Roja Dove At The Wellcome Collection


I hope you're all behaving yourselves while I'm catching up on my summer reading. I'm just breaking my cyber-silence for a few moments to let you know that an article I wrote about a recent Roja Dove lecture in London has been published on Basenotes; please click here to be taken to it.

And whilst I'm posting links, I thought some of you might be interested in this piece from the UK's Daily Mail which claims that some perfumed candles could be as toxic as cigarettes. Have a read and - once you've recovered from the sexist headline - let me know what you think.

Persolaise.

4 comments:

  1. I had heard that burning incense in a closed room is bad, but hadn't thought about candles.
    Cheap candles smell exactly that to me - cheap. So I buy Diptyque etc. I thought I was just being a perfumista snob, maybe I'm being healthy, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tania, you are HEALTHY!! Keep it up!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tania, I must admit I'd never heard anything about the dangers of burning incense in a closed room... something I do quite often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, I'm sure all the readers of this blog are paragons of good health ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks very much for reading my site and taking the time to leave a comment.

Please note that whilst the full range of views is welcome on Persolaise.com, comments containing expletives and/or abusive language may not be published.

If you're using Safari on an Apple device, you may experience some difficulties with submitting comments. Please consider using Google's Chrome browser on your Apple device; this may make it easier to leave your comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...