Sunday, February 6, 2011

Andrea Maack At Les Senteurs + Full Jasmine Awards Shortlists

 
The official site of the Jasmine Awards now displays the full rundown of all the nominees in each of the categories. I was very pleased to see a certain Tania Sanchez named under 'Literary Award - Magazines' for a piece published in Psychologies. Who knows, perhaps she'll be at Wednesday's ceremony?
 
Changing the subject, UK-based readers may be interested to learn that the Icelandic artist Andrea Maack will be at Les Senteurs at 6:30 on Thursday 17th Feb to talk about her three perfumes, Sharp, Craft and Smart. I've got samples of each of the scents right under my nose as I type these words. I really must smell them soon.
 
Persolaise

6 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your thoughts on the Maack scents. I quite like the names. Will probably be giving Smart a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got my fingers crossed for you winning the Jasmine Award. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie, here's a sneak preview: Smart is basically Bulgari Black, but not as rich or warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alice, thanks very much, I really appreciate it ;-)

    Don't forget your toes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just thinking today that I need to give Bulgari Black another try, it's been many years since I've worn it. Perhaps in the meantime, a sample of Smart will do nicely. I'm actually very interested in Bulgari's Jasmin Noir, I was able to try a scent strip, and it reminds me of Estee Lauder Sensuous Noir, but more focus on the flower and a bit less on the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carrie, I'm not overly familiar with Jasmin Noir. And as for Black, I have to say, I don't consider it to be the Holy Grail that many seem to, but it's definitely more interesting and more complex than Smart.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks very much for reading my site and taking the time to leave a comment.

If you're using Safari on an Apple device, you may experience some difficulties with submitting comments. Please consider using Google's Chrome browser on your Apple device; this may make it easier to leave your comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...